The Europe Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM) initiative of the Centre for European Security Studies (CESS) is open to applications for its civil society fellowship programme. Over the course of 2018-2020 the CESS office in Groningen regularly hosts groups of 3 EUCAM fellows for periods of 12 weeks. The upcoming fellowship is from 9 September to 29 November 2019.
We are looking for applicants that:
- Are interested in policy-oriented research and Europe-Central Asia relations
- Have a Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen or Uzbek nationality; currently living in Central Asia; and eligible to obtain a 90-day Schengen visa
- Are between 25 and 35 old; and active in civil society
- Have a good command of English.
We offer fellows the opportunity to:
- Do research at a Dutch research and training institute
- Practice policy-oriented writing while increasing knowledge of the European Union
- Engage in outreach towards the European policy community and contribute to international academic debates
- Visit Brussels and The Hague for interviews, briefings, training, and conferences.
Selected fellows are offered a monthly stipend of €600. Accommodation in the Netherlands, travel from Central Asia to the Netherlands as well as accommodation in and travel from Groningen to The Hague and Brussels will be covered by EUCAM-CESS.
You can apply by sending a motivation letter (including two reference contacts listed) plus your curriculum vitae before Monday, 27 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org