Become an EUCAM 2022 Spring Fellow: Call for Applications
Download “CESS Fellow 2022”EUCAM-Fellow-2022.pdf – Downloaded 656 times – 148.49 KB
The Europe Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM) initiative of the Centre for European Security Studies (CESS) is open to applications for its civil society fellowship programme. We aim to select 3 three civil society representatives to work with us at the CESS office in Groningen from 4 April to 24 June 2022.
We are looking for applicants that:
- Are interested in policy-oriented research and Europe-Central Asia relations
- Are active in civil society
- Have a Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen, or Uzbek nationality; currently living in Central Asia; and eligible to obtain a 90-day Schengen visa
- Are between 25 and 35 years old
- Have a good command of English.
We offer fellows the opportunity to:
- Do research at a Dutch research and training institute
- Practice policy-oriented writing while increasing knowledge of the European Union
- Develop training and public speaking skills
- Engage in outreach towards the European policy community and contribute to international academic debates
- Visit Brussels and The Hague for interviews, briefings, and meetings.
Selected fellows are offered a monthly stipend of €600. Accommodation in the Netherlands, travel from Central Asia to the Netherlands as well as accommodation in and travel from Groningen to The Hague and Brussels will be covered by CESS.
Due to ongoing and changing local and international covid-19 restrictions in travel and gathering of people, the fellowship could be organised (partly) online instead of in-person in The Netherlands.
You can apply by sending a motivation letter (including names&contact details of two references) plus your curriculum vitae by Tuesday 18 January 2022 to email@example.com