Become an EUCAM 2023 Spring Fellow: Call for Applications
The Europe Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM) initiative of the Centre for European Security Studies (CESS) invites you to apply for its civil society fellowship programme. We aim to select three civil society representatives to work with us at the CESS office in Groningen from 6 March to 26 May 2023.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Are interested in policy-oriented research and in Europe-Central Asia relations.
- Are active in civil society.
- Have a Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen, or Uzbek nationality; currently living in Central Asia; and eligible to obtain a 90-day Schengen visa.
- Are between 25 and 35 years old.
- Have a good command of English.
We offer selected fellows the opportunity to:
- To work at a Dutch research and training institute.
- Practice policy-oriented writing while increasing knowledge of the European Union.
- Develop training and public speaking skills.
- Engage in outreach towards the European policy community.
- Visit Brussels for interviews, briefings, and meetings.
Selected fellows are offered a monthly stipend of €600. Accommodation in the Netherlands, travel from Central Asia to the Netherlands as well as accommodation in Groningen and travel for fellowship trips will be covered by CESS.
You can apply by sending a one-page motivation letter (why do you want to do this fellowship?) plus a one-page curriculum vitae (who are you?) by Friday 9 December 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org