The Europe Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM) initiative of the Centre for European Security Studies (CESS) is open to applications for its ‘civil society writing and outreach course’. This new 12-week online course will start on 8 March and end on 4 June 2021.
Selected participants will:
- Follow interactive classes from inspirational speakers and practitioners;
- Strengthen practical writing skills (policy papers, proposals, etc.);
- Improve public speaking skills (becoming a trainer, presentations, podcasts);
- Expand their network with European and Central Asian NGOers, think-tankers, policymakers, and donors.
The curriculum consists of 12 interactive sessions (one per week) and individual guidance in drafting an article. Upon completion of the course, participants receive a certificate and a stipend of €300. Ideally, participants would follow the course next to their obligations in Central Asian civil society (commitment of about 8 hours per week including contact hours).
We are looking for participants that:
- Are active in civil society and keen to improve their writing, outreach, training, and project development skills;
- Have a Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Turkmen, or Uzbek nationality and live in Central Asia;
- Have a good command of English.